Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Finn Fest 2010 ~ My Mummu & Me

Every other year in my mom's hometown of Naselle, WA the Finnish-American Folk Festival is held. I've been going to it ever since it began in 1982. This year's theme was called "My Mummu & Me" ~ Mummu is Grandma in Finnish. Its 3 days of great food, arts and crafts, historical films, old photographs, music and dancing. Its a great way to celebrate the heritage of this area ~ I just love it!
Brooks absolutely LOVED sticking his head in this cut-out and looking at everyone!
Brooks and his Mummu ~ he started calling her this during the weekend - so cute!
The Mummu & Me Parade during the opening ceremonies
The May-Pole dance - this is one of my favorite things to watch

It was a wonderful weekend spent with all our family!
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: